OpenLogic provides commercial-grade PostgreSQL support as well as technical support for hundreds of the most popular open source software packages. PostgreSQL support comes with guaranteed service level agreements and either business hours or around-the-clock coverage. OpenLogic's PostgreSQL support gives you easy access to open source experts who can answer your questions about PostgreSQL usage, recommend best practices, troubleshoot complex issues, and resolve bugs.
How We Support PostgreSQL
In addition to bug fixes and technical issues, OpenLogic's PostgreSQL support team provides a resource for developers to gather information and recommendations. Common PostgreSQL support questions submitted to OpenLogic include:
Research and Recommendations
- Which version of PostgreSQL is best suited for a job or function?
- Are there alternative packages I should consider deploying?
- What changes were made in a specific version of PostgreSQL?
- How will I be affected by a specific PostgreSQL security update?
Configuration and Usage
- How do I configure PostgreSQL to work in my environment?
- How do I integrate PostgreSQL with other components?
- How can I best use a particular feature within PostgreSQL?
- How can I optimize performance of PostgreSQL?
Troubleshooting and Bugs
- Why is a feature of PostgreSQL not working as expected?
- I need a PostgreSQL bug fixed quickly.
- I fixed a PostgreSQL bug and need to ensure it is included in future releases.
- I need a bug fixed in an older version of PostgreSQL.
How PostgreSQL Support Works
OpenLogic gives you "one number to call" for PostgreSQL support as well as technical support for hundreds of other open source packages. This approach eliminates the need for expensive component-level contracts that don't address the complex integrations between the PostgreSQL database and other open source packages. Our PostgreSQL support team resolves problems regardless of whether they originate in PostgreSQL database or as the result of complex interactions between packages. Our engineers serve as your front-line support experts on PostgreSQL and hundreds of other open source packages, answering questions and pinpointing the source of problems. PostgreSQL consulting and PostgreSQL training services are also available.
Our internal technical support engineers are backed by the OpenLogic Expert Community, which is comprised of open source committers and contributors located around the world. These individuals actively contribute source code to the open source packages they help us support. Our internal support engineers facilitate the entire issue resolution process no matter what resources are needed, ensuring that your PostgreSQL database issues are resolved quickly and seamlessly. This unique PostgreSQL support model gives you access to expert support resources for any type of issue you may encounter.
Whether you have PostgreSQL support questions, need help troubleshooting a complex issue, or have encountered a bug, OpenLogic's PostgreSQL support team has the expertise to assist you.